G-Shock Frogman Antarctic Research ROV GWF-D1000ARR-1
G-Shock Frogman x Antarctic Research ROV Limited Edition
G-SHOCK, the watch that supports professionals engaged in activities under various severe environments around the world, is proud to announce a new Antarctic Research ROV collaboration model.
This new collaboration model was jointly developed by CASIO and Shimpei Goto, Assistant Professor at the Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology as a navigation device of the underwater remotely operated vehicle (ROV) that was used for joint research on the January 2018 59th Japanese Antarctic Research Expedition.
The base model is the Master of G FROGMAN timepiece that is designed and engineered for professional diving. Every aspect of this model, including coloring and design, has been selected and refined in close cooperation of Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology, which used the ROV to conduct actual surveys on Antarctic lakes and wetlands. This model adopts the same bold coloring of the ROV: red, black, orange and blue, while the back cover, backlight, band, and special packaging all adopt designs that incorporate an image of Antarctica.
Antarctic Research Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV)
One of the marine education and research activities of Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology is to conduct Antarctic research expeditions in conjunction the National Institute of Polar Research. The 59th Japanese Antarctic Research Expedition performed a 3-dimensional mapping survey of moss pillars (life forms mainly consisting of algae, moss, and cyanobacteria) that live in the wetlands of the Antarctic. The small underwater remotely operated vehicle used by this expedition needs to be tough and as light as possible in order to enable uninterrupted operation under extreme polar conditions. The ROV is being developed by a research team led by Shimpei Goto, Assistant Professor at the Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology. It is being used to support research of Antarctic wetland ecosystems, which still have much to reveal to us.
- Limited Edition
- Case / bezel material: Stainless steel / Resin
- Carbon fiber insert Resin Band
- Sapphire Glass with non-reflective coating
- Shock Resistant
- Screw Lock Back
- ISO 200 meters Water Resistance
- LED backlight (Super illuminator)
- Tough Solar (Solar powered)
- Time calibration signal reception
- Time Calibration Signals
- Digital compass
- Time stamp recording of up to 20 records
- Diving mode
- Log data
- World time
- Moon data (moon age of the specific date, moon phase)
- Tide graph (tide level for specific date and time)
- 1/100-second stopwatch
- Countdown timer
- 5 daily alarms (with 1 snooze alarm)
- Hourly time signal
- Battery level indicator
- Power Saving
- Full auto-calendar (to year 2099)
- 12/24-hour format
- Button operation tone on/off
- Regular timekeeping: Hour, minute, second, pm, month, date, day
- Accuracy: ±15 seconds per month (with no signal calibration)
- Approx. battery operating time:
- Size of case: 59.2×53.3×18mm
- Weight: 141 g
Scarce & Co is an Official Casio Authorised Dealer of Casio products. Our Casio products are brand new in original packaging and guaranteed to be authentic. Include 2 Year Casio AU Warranty, 1 Year International Warranty.